Medeco Rim and Mortise Cylinders
Medeco® mortise cylinders have threads on the outside of the shell and
are designed to be screwed into other manufacturer's mortise lock cases.
A cam on the back of the cylinder operates the lock mechanism and a
set screw holds the mortise cylinder in place. Medeco rim cylinders
are used with auxiliary rim locks such as: surface mounted deadbolts,
night latches, panic devices and jimmy-proof locks (also know as vertical
drop-bolts or interlocking deadbolts).
Rim cylinders are held in place with a back plate and two mounting screws.
10 series, rim and mortise cylinders, are UL437 listed for drill and pick
resistance, and the those that incorporate the Biaxial® design, offer utility
patented key control.
Features & Benefits:
- Large variety of cylinder lengths and cam/tailpiece configurations
provide excellent retrofit capability and reduce the need to replace
the entire locking device.
- Utility patented key control, (for cylinders that incorporate the
Medeco3 design), provides protection against the unauthorized duplication
- A special elevating and rotating pin tumbler design, along with false
slots on the bottom pins, mushroom top pins and a sidebar mechanism,
work together, to provide superior pick resistance.
- Angled cuts on the keys, along with fore and aft positioning, and
the reciprocal slider of the Medeco3 design, provide added dimensions
that dramatically increases key combinations and enables Medeco to
produce some of the largest master key systems in the industry.
- Hardened steel inserts, positioned in critical areas of the cylinder,
provide a high degree of drill resistance.
- Solid brass construction provides high quality and long cylinder
- 8 different finishes provide an extremely close color match with
- UL-437 listing provides assurance that cylinders meet universal standards
for drill and pick resistance and resistance against other types of
- Set screw pin chamber caps allow quick and easy pinning and re-keying
without the need to take the cylinder apart.
- 2 year warranty offers assurance of product quality and factory support
in the rare event there is a problem.